Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Alternative States

As my current hypothesis on Singapore as a "Police State" undergoes further testing and confirmation, there may be the question of what other alternate state paradigms can we consider. In this case, Jeremy Chen has written a short and elaborative manifesto for the Humanist Welfare State. I state ,on unequivocal grounds, that the basic principles of his program should be a common pursuit by all those who are concerned with living life to the fullest emanicipation of freedom, peace and equality, ultimately to live as lives as humanely as possible. It is only possible, in the freedom of human creativity and desire of human compassion, that we question and scrutinize the current systems of authority and domination and seek answers that would expedite our goal for humanity.

On a small note, he also has a commentary on US Spy Chiefs that was featured on the ST. That deserves a reading as well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Han said...

on an unrelated note, isn't Trowa Evans the pilot of Heavyarms Gundam in Gundam Wing?

Loved Wing, but love Gundam SEED + SEED Destiny even more.


Sorry about offtopic post! Would you leave your email or something so that we can email you off-topic communications?

2:39 PM  
Blogger Douglas Evans said...

I don't have a problem if you like to post off-topic comments. Anyway my profile shows my e-mail now, so you can click on it.

Yeah, Trowa comes from that Gundam Wing character, but his full name was Trowa Barton. Evans is just my own personal pick. I didn't watch the subsequent Gundam series, though I heard lots of positive reviews for SEED.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Han said...

hey, thanks for being lenient about comments :)

checked out your personal blog, and didn't realise you were in Australia too.

Where are you situated?

4:09 AM  
Blogger Douglas Evans said...

No problem. Its always good to coverse.

Believe it or not, the same as you are. Though I am not in the law department, I am in the Crim department.

And no, I don't take sneaky photos of "chio bu's".

8:01 AM  
Blogger Han said...

hahaha, was that a dig at me taking pics of cute Law chicks?

Wah, so you're in Criminology? So coincidental... how come you never mentioned this to me before? Like that we could meet up for coffee at Lygon or something... hehehehe

11:56 AM  
Blogger Douglas Evans said...

Yeap, what else could I be hinting at? Honestly, I wouldn't even attempt to snap photos or anything of strangers.

I just thought that bloggers online typically keep a very deeply guarded anonymous identity, so there's very little revealation of location and other personal details. We should meet up of course one day, if you are perfectly fine with meeting strange ppl who blog absurb political commentary online.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Han said...

well, I guess different bloggers have different desires about their level of anonymity... I also wouldn't normally ask people about details like that...

I just thought since we're in the same location, it be nice to have a coffee or something.

Hmm... you sound disapproving of the pic I took. Maybe I should make it more clear that Lisa knew and consented to me taking the picture...

2:35 AM  
Blogger Douglas Evans said...

I certainly have no qulams meeting up. Whats your schedule like?

Oh, I am not disapproving. I simply are floored. Now that you mentioned she consented to having her photo taken, that makes it more amazing.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home